We were inspired by an article we found at Social Moms on ways to green up your wardrobe so we thought we would share with our readers as well….
If you are looking for eco-friendly choices in attire there are numerous options out there. Below are 6 ways to add a little green to any wardrobe (big or little) without sacrificing style.
- Look for Sustainable Materials: Items made from sustainable materials such as cotton, bamboo or hemp are grown in soil that hasn’t been treated with pesticides. These are natural fabrics which are breathable, kid friendly and are nice staples in any wardrobe. Since sustaiable fabrics are treated with low impact dyes, they are typically found in soft and neutral tones which makes them easy to mix into with current styles and colors.
- Wear Recycled Wool: It is still cold in many parts of the world which makes it the perfect time of year add a recycled wool scarf, gloves, sweater or socks to your winter esssentials. It’s naturally warming and can be found in a rainbow of colors to please everyone in the family.
- Denim is always green: You cannnot go wrong with recycled denim! It’s always in fashion, wears like iron and gets better with age! LoobaLee has some wonderful kids denim options from skirts to shorts to classic jeans.
- Fair Trade: When shopping for eco-friendly items, be on the lookout for Fair Trade Certified Apparel. The sale of these items directly benefit the farmers who grow the cotton and the workers who sew the garments, offering consumers an unprecedented opportunity to positively impact lives. Find Fair Trade Certified Apparel here
- Repurpose: There are numerous ways to repurpose worn out clothing in to other wearable and/or usable items. Make pants into shorts, turn old t-shirts into a blanket, Make puppets out of old socks, the list is limited only by your creativity. Repurposing doesn’t have to be difficult, it can be as simple as using old fabrics as cleaning rags.
- Donate or Resell: If the items are still in great condition and you hate to repurpose them, donate or resell on LoobaLee. This is a great way to give your old clothes life with a new owner and that is always good for the earth!
You don’t have to replace your entire wardrobe to show your Eco-conscience side. It only takes a little attention to detail and Mother Nature will thank you.