July is always a fun month. Summer break is in full swing, the days are long and the temperatures are warm. It’s nice to have more leisure time for shopping and July is perfect for grabbing a good deal. Retailers are beginning to clear out their summer merchandise to make way for back to school which means Sidewalk Sales are everywhere.
If you find yourself circling the sale rack, we have a few tips on what you should keep in mind so you don’t overbuy or overspend when shopping sidewalk sale deals for for next year or filling your resale inventory.
- Think about what your kids are lacking this season and stock up for next summer. If you need these items, chances are other buyers will be looking for them next year too.
- Buy basics. You can’t go wrong with tried and true basics such as solid tee’s, tanks and denim. These items go with everything and can be layered as needed.
- If you’re looking to build inventory for resale, avoid the seasonal trends and stick with classic styles.
- If accessories are a steal, buy them. Throwing in a matching accessory such as a hair tie, socks or belt with your listing will make your item more appealing to customers.
- Keep in mind that the back to school shopping push is approaching fast. Occasionally you can find last fall’s end of season items on the sidewalk sales racks. School uniforms and backpacks never go out of style so these are great items to add to your kids clothing inventory for online resale.
Shop smart, save money and enjoy the thrill of the hunt!