The fall selling season is ramping up and if you haven’t started digging through the tubbies and bags of your kids fall clothing, now is the time. The last few weeks of July and the entire month of August is prime selling season for back to school shopping.
Not ready yet? Don’t worry, we have 6 steps to get you on road to selling last year’s clothing to make some money for this year.
1) FIND it - Whether you threw your kids outgrown clothing in plastic bags, under their bed or in neatly stored and labeled tubbies, step one is figuring out where they are and finding one room or area to temporarily go through them.
2) EVALUATE it - Look through each item and put them into three piles; Items you can Sell, Items to be donated and items to reuse the materials. Sell-able items should be in good condition with no stains or defects. Items to donate are less than perfect to sell but still very well worth passing on for someone else to enjoy. The reuse pile is for torn or tattered cothing which can be re-purposed for craft projects, upcycling or simply used as cleaning rags.
3) SORT it - At this point, you should have already taken those from the donate pile to the charity of your choice and the re-purposed items should also have been delegated to their proper resting place. For the sell-able items, sort them according to size. This will make it easier to pull outfits together and determine which items are compatible.
4) ENHANCE it - Adding matching accessories such as hair bows, socks and/or jewelery can help entice buyers to make a purchase. These little extras are an added bonus for the buyer and you will come off as the selling hero.
5) PHOTOGRAPH it. A picture if worth a thousand words but you don’t need to be a professional photographer to make your point. All you need are a few key shots, one of the entire item, one of the label and one of any special details. If you have Gymboree to sell, you will also want to check out this Bonus Step.
6:) LIST it: Follow the easy steps on LoobaLee to list your item for sale. The process is quick and user friendly. Now you can sit back and wait for the right buyer to come along and swoop up your listing.
Remember, shoppers start buying early so don’t miss out on the prime fall selling season by listing your back-to-school and early fall items NOW!
Tell us what you think… Do you have any back to school selling tips to share? Leave a comment below.