It’s finally May! And, at least if you live in the North, spring is coming late this year. This is likely affecting normal shopping behaviors. I looked back at previous years and did some snooping around, and below are my top 10 suggestions on what to list this month.
May and June are transition months. We’ll see more summer promoted, but the retailers will soon be gearing up for “Back to School” season. While summer clothing can sell year-round (more so than winter clothing), the demand significantly declines after May-June — so, open up those bins and get your best stuff listed right away.
Here’s my top picks to get you started:
Demand Peaking in May & June:
- Summer Formal wear (for weddings & showers, graduations, re-unions, recitals, etc.)
- New Baby Clothes – NWT items (increasing demand through June)
- Flip Flops, sandals, water shoes/trekkers… and summer Crocs
Other Popular Items:
- Shorts & Bike Shorts
- Summer Pajamas
- Skirts & Skorts
- 2-Piece summer outfits
- Summer totes and hats
Other noticeable trends:
- “Lots” of Summer clothing is also popular this time of year. Here’s a quick video on how to list a ‘Lot’ on LoobaLee.
- Searches for “crocs” has peaked in May & June since 2007, although the demand has decreased annually since. Even though some athletic shoe brands rank higher, like Nike & Jordan, crocs are falling in the top 10 searches for both toddler and older kids shoes pulse.ebay.com.
- Even after more than 10 years, I’m amazed to find Gymboree still dominating buyer’s search activity. Top of the list for both baby/toddler boys and girls. Top of the list for girls 4-16, and (surprisingly) in the top 10 for boys 4-16 too.
- Other popular ‘top 10′ brands right now: abercrombie, Gap, Janie & Jack, mini-Boden, Ralph Lauren, Under Armour, Bailey’s Boys, Kelly’s Kids, and Carters.
- And the top 2 most popular designer brands are Juicy Couture and Burberry (no surprises there)
And finally, here comes the Summer Clearances!
TIP: Get your the last of summer things listed on LoobaLee now, and you’ll be able to clearance them out just like the retail stores 30 days from now, if desired. As I always say: “Follow the retail advertisements. They are spending millions getting buyer attention!”
Do you have any additional tips on what Moms are looking to buy this month for their babies, toddlers, and/or bigger kids? Please share them below… thanks!
Happy Listing! ~Suzanne
Are you a style-savvy mom? List your gently used, quality kids clothes for sale on LoobaLee.com. – it’s FREE!